Friday, February 21, 2014

Because stamps are for nails too

So I've never been very good at using stamping plates, but I watched a tutorial on how to use them and realized I hadn't been scraping the plate correctly. I was holding the scraper at a 90 degree angle, when it turns out you're supposed to hold the scraper at a 45 degree angle! It's crazy how much of a difference that makes when scraping off the excess polish before pressing the stamper onto the plate. I still have trouble getting the entire image on the stamper sometimes, but it's definitely a lot easier than before. Anyways, I've been really into stamping, and I did a recent manicure with a stamping plate I bought from Nailz Craze on Etsy. I used Lime Crime's Parfait Day as the base coat, and OPI's DS Radiance for the designs.



I also used my macro lens to zoom in on the designs, they don't show up that well from far away because they're silver, but I really like it! 





No comments:

Post a Comment