Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Field of Lupins

Not to toot my own horn or anything, but I really, really love this mani. I can't take credit for the design, because it was 100% based off a picture (Instagram @) Majikbeenz posted on Instagram. I absolutely love the way it turned out though, and I wish it had held up for longer than a week (which is still a record for me). Anyways, I was in Seattle for a week and right after I painted these nails, I discovered that the house we're staying in had the book "Miss Rumphius," aka the Lupin Lady. I forgot to take a picture with the book, but it was one of my favorites as a child.

 I used Essie's Mint Candy Apple and Play Date, China Glaze's In a Lily Bit and That's Shore Bright, Sinful Color's Endless Blue, Rimmel London's Blue My Mind, Lime Crime's Once in a Blue Mousse, Zoya's Belinda, Color Club's Wild Cactus, and OPI's Black Onyx.



 I went on a whale watch while on vacation, and of course I had to take a bunch of pictures of my nails with the beautiful scenery. I got some weird looks, but it was worth it!


Here's the gorgeous design that inspired my mani! 

No comments:

Post a Comment