Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Beachy Sunset Nails

So I'm going to Florida in a week and a half, and of course I'm trying to decide what to do for my nails while I'm there! I have about 10 designs I want to do, and I'm trying to narrow it down to 2; one for when I go to Florida, and another one about halfway through the trip. Since I have so many I love, I decided to do a few now, instead of in Florida. I saw a gradient Jessie (Instagram @nailsofjessiek) posted, and was immediately inspired by it. I liked the gradient so much that I left it without a design for a few days, then added a design that I love!


I actually had a bunch of pictures of the gradient, but I accidentally deleted about half the pictures on my phone. I managed to save this from a message I sent my friend, so this is the only photo I have of the gradient without a design.

For the gradient, I used China Glaze's Sun Worshipper and Bottoms Up, and Color Club's Warhol.

This is the picture Jessie posted that inspired my gradient.

I was looking for a design to do over this gradient, and I found a mani on google that I knew I had to recreate!
I used OPI's Alpine snow for the stripes, and Black Onyx for the palm trees.




I really love the way this turned out, and I'll definitely recreate it for summer. And hey, while I had it on, the weather was pretty nice. 

This is the picture I saw on google that inspired my design.




No comments:

Post a Comment