Sunday, April 6, 2014

Quatrefoil nails

So I recently saw a design by Christabell Nails (Bloglovin- +ChristabellNails, Instagram @christabellnails) that I knew I had to recreate! I followed Christabell's Youtube tutorial and fell in love with the design. It's a step up from the usual quatrefoil nail design, and it's pretty straightforward to do if you have a dotting tool. I've done two manis with this design, and I also did a pictorial on a nail wheel. 

I'll leave a picture of the original design, as well as a link to Christabell's tutorial below. 

 I used Zoya's Giovanna for the base, and OPI's Push and Shove for the design.
Next, I did a simple pictorial to show the steps for this design. As I mentioned above, there is a video tutorial, but I wanted to make a pictorial as an alternative to a video.
I used Color Club's Warhol as the base and OPI's Love.Angel.Music.Baby for the design.

In case you can't tell, I really like this design! So I decided to do another mani, but I did quatrefoils on every nail, instead of just an accent nail.
The blue is China Glaze's Too Yacht To Handle, and the gold is China Glaze's Swing Baby.



Before I painted my nails with this color scheme, I painted a necklace and liked it so much that I decided to match my nails with it.



Obviously, I had to take a bunch of pictures with my nails and necklace, because twinsies. 





In case you can't tell, I really like this design! Several people asked me if it was a stamp, which is really flattering to me. 

Here's the link to Christabell's Youtube tutorial, I recommend watching it if you want to attempt this design, it's extremely helpful! 


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOPNQI2FMiA


No comments:

Post a Comment