Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Tie-Dye Overload!

These tie-dye nails were inspired by a post I saw on Spektorsnails.com (she was inspired by Chalkboard Nails). I've done tie-dye nails in the past, but I didn't even think to use this color scheme before. Chalkboardnails.com has a tutorial for tie-dye nails if you haven't tried them yet, which I recommend following.
http://www.chalkboardnails.com/2013/03/sally-hansen-x-rodarte-tie-dye-and.html

I used OPI's Alpine Snow as a base, and for the design I used Covergirl's Out of the Blue, OPI's I Saw... U Saw... We Saw... Warsaw, Sally Hansen's Vanity Flare, Essie's Play Date, Lime Crime's Once in a Blue Mousse, and OPI's Black Onyx.

Here's the photo by Spektor Nails that inspired me (http://www.spektorsnails.com/2013/07/blueberry-tie-dye-nails.html)

My nails are obviously different than the image above, but it was my inspiration.




The last time I did tie-dye nails, I followed the same tutorial by Chalkboard Nails, including her color scheme. 

As you can tell, this was a while ago, as my nails have grown a lot since then! I don't remeber which red I used for this, but for the blues I used OPI's I Saw... U Saw... We Saw... Warsaw, and Covergirl's Out of the Blue. I shaded in the design with OPI's Black Onyx.


Since this post is all about tie-dye nails, I'll include my first tie-dye mani, which I did way before I started this blog! 
I used the entire Color Club Poptastic polish collection for these nails.

For this starburst tie-dye design, I followed a tutorial from Geebsterlove that was all over Pinterest.

In case you can't tell, I really like tie-dye! Out of all of these designs, the starburst design is probably my favorite, and I would like to eventually recreate it, although I have many manis ideas that I would like to do first! 




No comments:

Post a Comment