Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Abstract Floral Nails

So I won a contest on Instagram hosted by Cult Cosmetics, and they sent me an awesome Blackbox (their monthly subscription service) as a prize! I received two polishes, one of them being a pure white. I really wanted to try out the white, because I've heard it's a great 1-2 coat formula. I decided to do a floral mani that I saw on Pinterest, although I'm not sure who the original artist was. If you know who designed these first, please let me know so I can credit them!

I went to the Quabbin Reservoir with my family, and had to take advantage of the scenery to take pictures of my nails!

I used Cult Cosmetic's El Porto, Essie's Mint Candy Apple, Revlon's Coastal Surf, Milani's Paradise Pink, China Glaze's You Drive Me Coconuts, and Bonita's Pear Me Up. 

The white polish, El Porto, is by far the best white I have ever tried! I used two coats for an opaque layer, although I probably could have gotten away with just one coat. It is seriously worlds better than my previous favorite, OPI's Alpine Snow.




Also, I changed up my nail shape! I really loved the square nails, but every time they started to grow out, they would get caught on things and break. I decided to switch it up with round nails, and hopefully they won't break as much!





Here's a picture of the Blackbox I won from Cult Cosmetics. It contains two polishes, a mascara, and some hair ties. 

And here is a picture of the original mani that inspired mine, even though I'm not sure who painted it!




No comments:

Post a Comment