Sunday, June 22, 2014

Soccer Ball Nails

So my favorite sport of all time is soccer. I used to play it, and I love watching it! You probably know that the World Cup is going on right now, and I've been avidly watching. I would love for the US to win, but realistically, I'm rooting for Germany. I'm 75% German, and they have an awesome team that I hope goes really far. Anyways, I was going to do some soccer inspired nails for the start of the world cup, but my dad and I went to a US women's national game against France last Thursday, so I waited to do these nails until then (They tied 2-2, it was an incredibly good game).

I've seen a lot of people do soccer ball nails, but I wasn't really inspired by any specific person. I decided to add a little twist by doing a green accent nail to represent the field.
I used OPI's Alpine Snow and Black Onyx for the soccer ball, and Essie's First Timer for the grass.





I happened to wear a maxi dress that looks kind of like a field, so I took a picture of my nails with it.

And of course I had to take a picture of my nails at the game, although it did earn my some very weird looks from people sitting nearby. Oh well, it's better than taking a million selfies (like the girls sitting next to me did for the entire game).


No comments:

Post a Comment