Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Palm Trees in the Summer

So I've had this mani (by Instagram @Mireyaaxo) on the back burner for several months. I was planning to do it in Florida, but then I saw a mailbox I was inspired by so I painted that instead. I finally decided to give it a shot, and I really love the way these turned out! Unfortunately, I went swimming yesterday and almost all my nails had polish peeling off afterwards. So even though this took me several hours to paint, I only had it on my nails for 3 days.

I took over 50 pictures of this mani- in the sun, in the shade, in the pool, etc. And fun fact, I actually burned the bottom of my feet standing barefoot in my driveway for about 5 minutes trying to get the perfect shot. They didn't blister or anything, but they were pretty painful for two days. I learned my lesson though, and I will always put on shoes before going to stand on hot pavement from now on.

Just a warning- there will be a lot of pictures, because I wanted to capture the colors in different lighting, and because I'm just obsessed with this design.

For the gradients I used China Glaze's Son of a Peach, Flip Flop Fantasy, Too Yacht to Handle, and That's Shore Bright. I added China Glaze's Fairy dust over the gradient, then painted the palm trees with OPI's Black Onyx.










Here's the mani Mireya (Instagram @Mireyaaxo) painted that inspired mine.




No comments:

Post a Comment