Saturday, March 22, 2014

Happy Birthday Rose!

My sister turned 22 Wednesday, so I painted my nails in honor of her birthday (while singing the lyrics to 22 by Taylor Swift loudly and off-key).

These were inspired by birthday nails I did for my birthday last June. I really liked them the first time, but I've definitely learned a lot since then.

These are the original nails, I'm sure many other people have done candle nails before me, but I'm not sure who deserves the credit for this idea. If you know who started this design, please let me know in the comments below.

I used OPI's Black Onyx as the base color, topped with China Glaze's Fairy Dust. For the candles, I used Essie's In the Cab-ana, Boom Boom Room, DJ Play That Song, First Timer, and Ole Caliente.

 The cupcake is a Friendly's ice cream cupcake.



I really like these nails, they're not too obvious, but many people asked me if it was my birthday, so I guess it isn't too hard to figure out that these are meant to be birthday candle nails! If you try these out, please tag me on Instagram, @nailedpolish. 



No comments:

Post a Comment