Sunday, March 9, 2014

Why buy when you can DIY? Indie polish edition

So I'll be the first to admit that I have a problem- I'm addicted to buying nail polish. No matter how much polish I own, which is currently about 300 bottles, if I see something new and exciting, it's difficult for me to resist the urge to buy it. This is especially difficult when I hear that something is either limited edition or only in stock briefly. For example, many Indie polishes - Wicked Polish, Enchanted polish, etc. - are so popular that they can be sold out minutes after a restock. I always have a fear in the back of my mind that if I don't buy a polish immediately, it will be gone the next time I try to buy it.
Anyways, I've been trying to stop myself from buying all of the ultra chromes from I Love Nail Polish's newest collection (ilnp.com). They are $12.50 apiece, plus shipping. And knowing myself, I probably wouldn't be able to just buy one. My absolute favorite is the gorgeous ultra chrome Birefringence, which is blue and purple and incredibly amazing.

This is a swatch of Birefringence that BookPolish shared on Instagram. 

Since I already have so many polishes, I decided to keep my money and create a similar effect with a gradient. 


I used OPI Blue My Mind and Zoya Belinda for the gradient.

Photos don't do this gradient justice, it is absolutely beautiful! While it isn't the same as Birefringence, I'm satisfied with the result, and proud of myself for saving some money. After a few days of rocking this gradient, I decided to add a stamped design. 

I used the camo design on this Mash-38 stamping plate. 

The silver polish I used in the design is OPI's DS Radiance.




I really like the way this turned out, I think the colors work great together. And I'm pretty sure the design is supposed to be camouflage, but regardless, it's very unique and interesting.

Let me know if you have any Indie lemmings in the comments below!



No comments:

Post a Comment