Thursday, May 15, 2014

Pastel Watercolor Nails

So I've never been very good at water marbling, dry water marbling, or saran wrap manis. I saw a tutorial that Natacha (Instagram @hello_glossy, or helloglossy.com) posted on Instagram, which is a combination dry water marble/saran wrap mani. I've been wanting to do a pastel mani using Lime Crime polishes, so this was the perfect opportunity!

To do this mani, I painted a white base coat and let it dry. Then I added dots of the Lime Crime polishes and OPI's alpine snow and placed a piece of a sandwich bag on top. I gently moved the bag around a little to swirl the polishes together, and then took it off. I cleaned up the skin around my nails with polish remover, and added a holographic topcoat.

 I used OPI's Alpine Snow as a base, and Lime Crime's Parfait Day, Lavendairy, Pastelchio, and Once in a Blue Mousse. I used China Glaze's Fairy dust as a holographic top coat. 






I really liked this mani, but I still wanted to do an accent nail on it. I decided to try a water spotted design, which is actually pretty easy to do. Just fill a small dish with lukewarm water, and add a drop of polish to it. The polish will spread across the water, and then spray it with rubbing alcohol, sanitizer, hair spray, or perfume. To get this design, I used rubbing alcohol. I love how it turned out; it looks incredibly intricate, but was so easy to do!



Here's the photo tutorial Natacha posted on Instagram, it's really easy to follow. 


No comments:

Post a Comment