Thursday, May 1, 2014

Tropical Sunset Nails

So this past week, I was in Florida! It was so much fun, and I wish I could've stayed longer. I went parasailing, jet skiing, and kayaking. And, of course, I painted my nails! This is my first (and favorite) mani I did for my vacation. I saw a beautiful design Sonia (@badgirlnails) posted on Instagram, and I knew it would be perfect for Florida. I love this design so much, I took at least 100 pictures of it. So, even though this post will have a ton of pictures, relative to how many I took, I held back haha.

This took over 3 hours, but it was totally worth it! I had it on for less than a week, because my nails chipped really bad. Honestly, all of my nails were chipped and I still left it on! That shows how much i loved this mani.

I used China Glaze's That's Shore Bright and Bottoms Up, Sinful Color's Endless Blue, Sally Hansen Pacific Blue, Essie's In the Cabana and Topless and Barefoot, OPI's Black Onyx and Alpine Snow, Color Club's Almost Famous, and Wham! Pow!







I also created a little pictorial for this design. It's pretty self explanatory; I painted a gradient, added a fairy dust top coat, and painted nude for the sand. Then I painted the ocean in a gradient of blues, added white for the frothy ocean, and palm trees. For the middle finger, I added a sun and outlined it with orange, then added some yellow on the water to look like the sun's reflection. I finished it with a topcoat, cleaned up the edges with polish remover, and voila!

Here's a picture of the manicure that inspired this design. Sonia is incredibly talented, and you should definitely follow her on Instagram!





No comments:

Post a Comment