Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Water Spotted Ocean Nails

I fell in love with the water spotted technique that I used for the accent nail in my last mani, so I decided to do that design on all my nails for my next mani. Since I have some really cute 3D shells from the Born Pretty Store, I wanted to make my nails look like an abstract ocean.

I described how to do this design in my last post, but in case you missed it, I'll recap briefly. I painted my nails the lighter blue, then filled a paper cup with lukewarm water. Then, I dropped a dot of the dark blue polish into the water, and waited for it to spread out. I sprayed a bottle filled with rubbing alcohol onto the polish, which created this intricate design. Then, I dipped my nail in the design, pulled away the excess with a toothpick, and took my nail out of the water. I cleaned around the nail with a q-tip dipped in polish remover, added a topcoat, and put the seashell on my accent nail with glue to hold it in place.

I used Essie's Mint Candy Apple as the base, and OPI's I Saw U Saw We Saw Warsaw for the design. 





No comments:

Post a Comment